The Smile of the Child
"THE SMILE OF THE CHILD" is a non-profit voluntary Organisation. It is based on sentiment and emotions but it goes beyond that and turns everything it represents into actions. As its main objective, the Organisation deals with the daily problems children encounter.
The Organisation’s main concern is defending children's rights, not just on paper but in practice as well, providing services to children on a 24-hour, 7 days a week, 365 days a year-basis, working for their physical, mental, and psychological stability.
“The Smile of the Child” cooperates closely with state authorities (Police, the General Attorney’s Office, hospitals etc.) but also with all responsible individuals wishing to contribute to alleviating issues affecting children.
As a voluntary Organisation, “The Smile of the Child” supports all relevant institutions so as to promote their efficiency in handling children’s issues.
What they cover
- National SOS Helpline for Children 1056
- 116000 European Hotline for Missing Children
- Amber Alert Hellas
- National Centre for Missing - Exploited Children
- Our Community Homes
- Supporting Children with Welfare Problems
- Supporting Children with Health Problems
- Creative Activities in Children’s Hospitals
- Mobile Medical Units
- Social and Psychological Support for Children
- Preventive Medicine
- Informing Children, Parents and Teachers
- Creative occupation in the airports
- Southeastern European Centre for Missing and Exploited Children
- Children’s Oncology Center